I am a mathematician working for Department of Mathematics, Osaka University as an associate professor. My research area has been the algebraic geometry, the geometry studying shapes or spaces given by polynomial equations; namely, algebraic varieties in technical terms. In particular, singularities of such shapes have been my primary interests. In last years, I mainly worked on problems where the number theory and the singularity theory interplay. Now my interest inclines toward the Diophantine geometry.
- singularities of algebraic varieties
- jets and arcs
- motivic and p-adic integration
- the McKay correspondence
- higher Semple-Nash blowups and F-blowups
- wild quotient singularities
- counting field extensions
The Cost of Knowledge (Elsevier Boycott)
I signed on The Cost of Knowledge of Aug. 5, 2015. I would like to refrain from cooperating with Elsevier by publishing, refereeing or doing editorial work, except ones I had already agreed to do.
- Euler Getter can be now played on various surfaces. 2016/05/09
- added the Programming page. posted "Visualization of Frobenius maps". 2016/04/14
- updated the list of papers. 2016/04/14
- edited the top page. 2015/08/05
- put a new note "Open problems in the wild McKay correspondence" on the "Notes" page. 2015/06/09